Lal Bahadur Shas­tri Insti­tute of Tech­nol­ogy for Women

Font Size

Cpanel

IEEE — LBSITW

The offi­cial inau­gu­ra­tion of the IEEE Stu­dent Branch of L.B.S. Insti­tute of Tech­nol­ogy for Women was held on 4082012.The pro­gramme had three ses­sions– inau­gural func­tion, tech­ni­cal talk and men­tor­ing session. Fifty stu­dents includ­ing twelve IEEE stu­dent mem­bers and twenty fac­ulty mem­bers attended this func­tion. The func­tion was inau­gu­rated by S.Gopakumar, Chair, Educational Activ­i­ties, IEEE Ker­ala Section

IEEE STEP 2013 :    IEEE STEP (Stu­dent Tran­si­tion and Ele­va­tion Part­ner­ship pro­gram) 2013, orga­nized by the IEEE Ker­ala GOLD AG was con­ducted at LBSITW, Trivan­drum on the 17-​08-​2013. The one-​day event focused on ses­sions that aimed to help stu­dents to tran­sit into the pro­fes­sional world. The 30 par­tic­i­pants included grad­u­ates, final and pre-​final year stu­dents. The event com­menced by 10 AM and ended by 5 PM. The day wit­nessed a num­ber of ses­sions han­dled by dis­tin­guished per­son­al­i­ties. The stu­dents found the ses­sions quite engross­ing and beneficial.

ISEE 2014 @ Amritha School of Engi­neer­ing : 27/​07/​2014  

IEEE Inter­na­tional Sym­po­sium on Edu­ca­tion, Tech­nol­ogy and Entre­pre­neur­ship (ISEE) is the flag­ship sym­po­sium by the IEEE Stu­dent Branch, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. It aims at bring­ing var­i­ous aca­d­e­mic dis­ci­plines under a sin­gle forum. It con­sists of var­i­ous sci­ence and tech­nol­ogy based lec­tures and work­shops. The sym­po­sium is to be held on July 27 2014. ISEE attracts par­tic­i­pa­tion from all over India, and seeks to pro­vide col­le­giate stu­dents with a plat­form to excel in their tal­ents. ISEE is entirely stu­dent man­aged and embraces unique­ness in appear­ance and management.

IEEE WEEK CELEBRATIONS-​IEEE SB LBSITW

VENUE: LBSITW

DATE: 7TH OCT-​10TH OCT 2014

The IEEE SB of LBSITW cel­e­brated IEEE week through a series of events con­ducted at the col­lege over a period of 4 days. The events saw huge par­tic­i­pa­tion from enthu­si­as­tic students.Rs.10 was col­lected from each stu­dent for the week long cel­e­bra­tion. Cer­tifi­cates were awarded for the active par­tic­i­pants. The activ­i­ties saw zest and eager­ness from the side of the students.

Day1 — -7th Oct

QUIZ

As a part of the IEEE day cel­e­bra­tions a quiz con­test was con­ducted at the audi­to­rium in the col­lege dur­ing the inter­val. The event wit­nessed par­tic­i­pa­tion by 150 stu­dents. The 15 minute long quiz was con­ducted in two sec­tions, each sec­tion com­pris­ing of 75 students.

SHRISHTI- Two day intensive web design­ing Workshop

Date: 23-​08-​2014 and 24-​08-​2014

Venue: IEEE COM­PUTER SOCI­ETY OFFICE HALL,PULIMOOD

A two day web design­ing work­shop was con­ducted for the stu­dents of LBSITW by Jetsoft.

The work­shop cov­ered the basics of web devel­op­ment cov­er­ing both the­o­ret­i­cal top­ics and hands on sessions.The ses­sions were han­dled by Dhanith Krishna and Karthik Gopakumar

IEEE TRAVANCORE HUB WIE CONGRESS EMPOWER 2.0

Venue: LBS Insti­tute of Tech­nol­ogy for Women

Date: 13th Decem­ber, 2014

The IEEE Tra­van­core Hub WIE Con­gress 2014, Empower 2.0 was held on the 13th of Decem­ber at the main sem­i­nar hall of LBSITW.The event had a par­tic­i­pa­tion of 158 stu­dents, major­ity being girls, from var­i­ous col­leges across Ker­ala. The ses­sions received good reviews and were appre­ci­ated by the participants.

The event was inau­gu­rated by Mr. Sasi P.M, Addi­tional direc­tor of CDAC, Trivan­drum. Mrs.Sarada Jayakr­ish­nan, Chair — WIE AG, Ker­ala Sec­tion deliv­ered the keynote address and moti­vated the stu­dents in real­is­ing and util­is­ing the real poten­tial in them to achieve suc­cess. Mrs.Sunitha Beevi, Pro­fes­sor, TKMCE han­dled a ses­sion on WIE aware­ness. She pre­sented to the stu­dents the ideas behind WIE through slideshows. The var­i­ous ini­tia­tives that can be brought for­ward by stu­dents under IEEE WIE were dis­cussed. This was imme­di­ately fol­lowed by the forenoon ses­sion on life skill man­age­ment by Dr.Thomas George, Chair­man of Lead Col­lege of Man­age­mant, and Palakkad.The very start of the ses­sion saw active involve­ment from the part of the stu­dents and it lasted through­out the Life skill man­age­ment workshop.